The filtration system is one of the most important components of a pool. It is the main way of cleaning the water as it removes impurities and makes the water suitable for swimming.
There are different types of filter: sand or glass filters (the most popular as they require little maintenance), cartridge filters (replaceable, with very low water consumption) and diatomaceous earth filters (with a high performance filtration system even removes dirt not visible to the naked eye).
AstralPool high performance vertical bobbin wound filters are manufactured using reinforced polyester with fibreglass, which is completely anti-corrosive, with high mechanical, chemical and thermal resistanceProducts
– Bobbin-wound sand filters in polyester/fibreglass resin.
– Cover of Ø 240 mm with screw closure, die-injected for diameters up to 900 mm. Cover of Ø 400 mm with screw closure, die-injected for Ø 1050 and Ø 1200 mm.
– Blue satin-finish, with dust protection with a clear polyurethane flash coat for Ø 500, Ø 600, Ø 750 and Ø 900. Blue finish for Ø 1050 and Ø 1200.
– Equipped with collectors and diffuser of highly resistant PVC and PP plastic.
– Fitted with pressure gauge and manual air and water bleeder valves. For models of Ø 900, Ø 1050 and Ø 1200, includes sand drain of 2 1/2″ sand purge.
– Side-mount, 6+1 way selector valve for filter, backwash, rinse, recirculate, waste and closed, except for models of Ø 500, Ø 600 and Ø 750.
– Maximum flow rate: 50 m3/h/m2. – Maximum operating pressure: 2,5 kg/cm2.
– Inner coating of HDPE (polyethylene), blown for Ø 500 and Ø 600mm, thermoformed ABS for Ø 750 and Ø 900 mm, and polyester/fibreglass for Ø 1050 and Ø 1200 mm.
– Filter base manufactured in plastic with diameter up to 750 mm and polyester and fibreglass for larger diameters. Note: Operating pressure of 4 kg/cm2 available by special order.
– Easy access: Owing to the larger diameter of the top manhole (400 mm) for filters of diameter 1050 mm and 1200 mm, the filter interior can be more easily accessed for servicing.
– Improved finish: Apart from its bobbinwound finish, which provides greater resistance and safety, the blue satin-finish distinguishes it from conventional filters.
MONOBLOC: Berlin filters of diameter 500 and 600 mm are available in monobloc composed of a polypropylene base, filter with side-mount selector valve, selfpriming Sprint pump and all the necessary fittings. Characteristics:
– The monoblocs include a base constructed of weather-resistant plastic.
– All components are designed for easy assembly and precise fitting.
– Contains pre-assembled unit.